Monday, June 09, 2008

Here we go again!

It's been a while since this blog was updated but not to worry! We are back on the road again...literally :) Tomorrow marks the beginning of seventy-day adventure. The road trip of all road trips: we aim to conquer North America, north to south. It all started about nine months ago when Silan IMed me with the vague question of: "You know what we should do sometime?" Being the mature person I am, I listed off some really great things we could do [watch the stars come out at night? nap at the beach? travel with nothing but clothes on our back? camp? go on an adventure? to name a few]. As always, Silan ignored my suggestions and responded with the suggestion that started it all: We should save up for a cheap used car (cheap though reliable) and just spend some time and drive it all over. Like up to Alaska, down to the states with our stuff in the car and a tent and stuff...and stay in motels and stuff every once in a while to clean up and stuff.

For fear of sounding redundant, that is basically our trip :) Minus the motels. Save a few nights in Massett and a couple other destinations along the way, we will be tenting for the better part of two months. I really do not know what to expect even though we've been planning meticulously since day one. The last time I went camping was in 1oth grade. Or maybe 9th. At least 6 years. I haven't driven more than five hours in a day. Nor have I biked for more than an hour at a time. I'm not particularly scared of anything, thankfully. I know this will be a summer to remember, regardless of what happens. I can only hope we don't meet a bear along the way. not because I'm afraid of bears...I'm afraid of how long Silan will be incapacitated for.

We are hoping to steal internet along the way, as well as visit an internet cafe here and there. While in the US, I'll be updating our status via Twitter so stay tuned!

Now Playing: F*** it (I Don't Want You Back) - Eamon
[Because blogging will always remind me of KK House]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home