Monday, August 07, 2006

A weekend of fun in the sun!

What a weekend. I don't think I've ever done such minimal physical activity in months. I wish there were Kokrobite's all over the world, especially in Pittsburgh because I'd go every weekend! Getting there was a bit of a trouble but we still managed. We said a tearful goodbye to Lisa at the airport before catching a tro-tro to circle. Then to Kaneshie. Then the last tro-tro went straight to Kokrobite. Now this may sound very simple but really, these tro-tro stations are like nothing I've ever seen before. Rarely do you find a sign directing you where to go. Fortunately, we found some very nice people who dragged us through the sludge to find the correct stop. I was very impressed with how friendly people were. It wasn't like they pointed us in the right direction, they actually led us right to where we were supposed to go, even if they weren't headed there themselves.

Once we arrived at Kokrobite, Williams showed us the way to Big Milly's. I thought he was leading us into the depths of hell because we weren't exactly in a well lit area. NOr did this particular road smell pleasant but then we hard the drumming and singing and new we must be going somewhere right. Arriving at night seemed very surreal. The drumming and dancing was phenomenol and then seeing Katie in the crowd with her little Ghana hat. The mini-CCS reunion was so nice. We lounged around for the rest of the evening just enjoying the atmosphere. Due to our not so good planning skills, we had only booked a room for three but we forced Lindsey to come along so that made four. She kept thanking us for allowing her to come like it was this big ordeal but it was great having her there. Our evenings were quite intimiate sharing a bed! I don't know how either of us managed to sleep so well but I slept like a baby all three nights.

The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of good food and relaxing on the beach. Afer the repetitiveness of CCS, it was nice to enjoy a meal where I chose what I wanted to eat. And none of it had red sauce in it! I can not forget breakfast. Breakfast here at CCS is nothing more than cereal, maybe toast. There, we enjoyed omelettes, toast, cinnamon toast (french toast!) and fresh fruits. Each evening, they would put the menu up on the board and we didn't see the same thing twice. Fantastic!

It took us a while to get back but it all worked out. We now are only 'four sleeps' away from going home as Lindsey likes to put it. As Silan said, there's lots to do. I don't know about Silan but I'm a mixture of being sad to leave and excited to go home. I know the next couple of days will whiz by so I'm not going to waste them here at the internet cafe!!

2 Comments:

At 12:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are still alive

 
At 10:27 a.m., Blogger jaeden said...

when do you get back to school?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home